From the UCL Occupation blog:
“Aaron Porter, the President of the National Union of Students, this morning visited the UCL Occupation. We presented the following demands, to which Aaron agreed in full;
- to publicly support all student occupations- on the frontpage of the NUS website and all available media.
- to call immediately for a new wave of occupations as a legitimate form of protest against fees and cuts.
- to organise financial, legal & political aid for all current and future occupations.
- to call a national day of action on the day of the parliamentary vote on tuition fees.
- to officially support any staff taking further industrial action on cuts in the education sector.
We welcome that Aaron also conceded NUS has not done enough in support of this and other actions. Now the priority must be to move forward with concrete proposals to continue the struggle.”